Frequently Asked Questions

When are city council meetings held?

Cambridge City Council Meetings are held on the first Monday of each month at 7 pm. If you have any questions or concerns, please stop by and speak with the Mayor and the City Council.

I am moving to Cambridge, whom do I contact to set up my utilities?

The City of Cambridge provides water/sewer and garbage service.  Contact City Hall at 515-220-4541.  A deposit is required.

Gas and electric service is provided by Alliant Energy: 1-800-822-4348.

What is the phone number for the Cambridge Post Office?

The phone number is 515-383-4462.  The hours are Mon-Fri: 12:00 to 4:00 pmSaturday it is open from 12:00 to 1:30 pm.

City Information

City Hall: 515-220-4541
Fire/Ambulance: 911
Police Dept: 515-597-2002

Public Library - Cambridge Memorial Library
Phone: 515-220-4542